Having a professional service your HVAC not only helps to lower cooling and heating cost, but it also helps to increase the life of your unit. The small investment for regular scheduled maintenance pays off in lower energy bills and in fewer breakdowns.
A comprehensive HVAC checkup should include the following:
- We check filters. A clean air filter is essential for the efficient operation of your system.
- We perform a thorough inspection of electrical components. As your air conditioner runs, vibrations can loosen connections reducing efficiency and increasing the likelihood of a breakdown. Dust can collect on parts, and corrosion can develop.
- We check the system’s evaporator and condensing coils. Dirty coils slow the heat exchange process which reduces efficiency.
- We check that the refrigerant level is within the manufacturer specifications.
- We check all safety switches for proper operation.
- We clear drain lines to ensure proper removal of condensation.
- We test the accuracy of the thermostat.